Operations Manager m/f/d
For our client an automotive Supplier in Michigan we are looking for an Operations Manager m/f/d.
- Overall Leadership of Production and SCM functions in line with all applicable company standards to ensure KPI performance is excellent and customer call-offs, quality and delivery expectations are met or exceeded:
- Responsibility for short/mid-term planning and continuous review and adjustment of resources in terms of production headcount, skills and capabilities
- Ensure appropriate Budget planning and adherence in area of responsibility
- Drive consistency of standards and output across all autonomous production Units (APU) and SCM and drive Continuous Improvement to achieve or exceed performance targets.
- Review overall plant output and performance, identifies trends and proactively manages the team to exceed customer expectations and prevent performance problems;
- Drive timely, cross-functional problem solving and Lessons Learned.
- Manage escalation issues
- Leadership of direct reports and teams to ensure target achievement, developing a "Right first time" and "Safety First" culture.
- Collaborate with Plant Director and WPS to develop & implement CI Roadmap for improving material and overall plant flow based on internal/external Benchmarks, achieving quanitfyable improvement of performance and WPS 2.0 maturity level
- Ensure APUs and SCM plan & manage headcount and capability/training needs for short/mid-term and based on customer & company forecasts.
- Ensure performance evaluation/development planning for the team in line with process, execution of effective, planned development activities and developing own direct reports.
- Ensure proactive identification & elimination of HSE risk and unsafe practices/equipment as well as high level of 5S Standard.
- Work with Launch/SPM teams to ensure successful Launches.
- min 8-10 years work experience in an Automotive, highly automated JIT/JIS manufacturing environment
- High level of assertiveness balanced with ability to develop a positive team culture
- Strong Leadership and People Development Skills incl. applicable labour laws
- Strong decision-making skills and results-orientation
- Strong communication skills and able to adress different target audiences effectively
- Solid Working knowledge of Problem Solving and Continous Improvement Tools (e.g. 5Why, QRQC, Kaizen, Fishbone, 5S, TPM)
- Knowledge of applicable Quality & HSE Management Systems such as IATF, VDA, ISO 45001 & 14001 and understanding of Customer Specific Requirements and their implications
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent PC skills (e.g. MS Excel) and good knowledge of software applications used in production environment (e.g. SAP)
- Basic Knowledge of Data Safety and Protection requirements
Reports to: Plant Manager
Start: September 2021
Contact Person: Christel Haas E-Mail: email@example.com